If you’re like the majority of homeowners you do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or before it comes time to buy a new model. To guarantee you get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be useful to understand how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Fort Lee Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn what you need to understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is the time to connect with refrigerator repair Fort Lee.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for many years. A refrigerator is able to store food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to eliminate spoilage and limit harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from the inside of the appliance to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Fort Lee Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a pump and a motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to disperse the heat collected from inside the refrigerator out into the air.
The evaporator is located on the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the unit.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transferred within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, turning the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature inside a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when needed.
A thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Fort Lee for service the moment an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down begins. The unit draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes it, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit guides the hot gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils on the inside of the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant will evaporate, and turns back into a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from one location and then transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a perfect storage space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule repair with Fort Lee Appliance Repair.
Fort Lee Appliance Repair will service nearly all standard brands and models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Fort Lee undergo training to troubleshoot and repair cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart technology and other issues. We know refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Fort Lee Appliance Repair